RSVP, Inc. has partnered with the Virginia Department of Social Services to provide the following services and supports to eligible participants.
Medical Case Management (MedVIEW)
The goals of the medical case management process are:
- Obtain treatment and recovery in order to achieve a higher level of independence and self-sufficiency.
- Obtain Social Security Advocacy services for those not able to work due to the severity of the disability.
- Obtain employment services referral for those participants able to work.
Social Security Advocacy
RSVP, Inc. will assist clients with multiple barriers/disabilities that preclude substantial gainful employment in obtaining Social Security Disability Income (SSDI), with Medicare after two years of SSDI eligibility, and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits, with Medicaid eligibility.
Vocational Evaluation Services
RSVP, Inc. will provide achievement, aptitude, and interest testing for participants to identify their abilities, skills, and vocational interests and assist them in realizing their maximum vocational potential.
Follow-up Vocational / Career Counseling Session
RSVP, Inc. will initiate career exploration and provide an explanation to the participant regarding the results of the vocational evaluation, identify strengths and barriers, discuss career interests and goals, and facilitate integrated planning and referrals for medical and/or psychiatric evaluations, substance use treatment, referrals for learning disability, ADHD, and other diagnostic evaluations. Referrals are provided for additional training, work readiness and employment services.
Community-Based Work Adjustment / Skills Training
RSVP, Inc.’s Work Adjustment / Skills Training program is a community-based program which provides goal oriented, time limited services with measurable objectives aimed at preparing persons to enter competitive employment in integrated settings within the community. The primary goal of the WAT program is to prepare the program participants to obtain and maintain appropriate and satisfying long term employment. The focus of the program involves two phases: the first phase will address areas of personal and social skills development necessary for successful employment; the second phase will assist with the development of work essential skills required to obtain and maintain long term employment.
RSVP, Inc. will provide individualized one-to-one assistance for participants with employment barriers and service needs in order to obtain an appropriate job placement with career pathway potential. Supported Employment services include:
- Job Development – Support with development of a resume, job leads, completing applications, networking with employers, and interview skills training.
- Job Site Training – Soft and Hard skills training on the job, accessing reasonable accommodations, and development of natural supports on the job.
- Follow-Along – Support with maintaining employment, ongoing learning, and job advancement.